We at LAS Global Studies view going abroad as an opportunity for students to develop professionally and personally through formal and informal learning experiences.
Through going abroad you will develop skills, knowledge, and values to be able to:
- Adapt and function in a different culture
- Communicate effectively in multilingual academic, professional, and social contexts
- Listen to and articulate diverse local perspectives on global issues
- Interact confidently and respectfully with diverse populations
- Navigate independently the challenges of unfamiliar surroundings and unexpected situations
Ideally students will seek out the abroad programs that provides the most immersive, least familiar experiences and pushes them beyond their comfort zone to become truly global citizens.