I think my most valuable experience was being able to study abroad for a semester, and I think it's good that Global Studies requires it as a part of the degree program.
- I studied abroad in Senegal for 15 weeks for the fall semester of my junior year. It was a life changing experience. Senegal is not the typical study abroad destination, but the people and the genuine experiences and conversations I had is what make it a beautiful destination.
- Studying abroad was the best experience of my undergraduate career. I thought that I was going to miss out during the semester I would be gone, but instead I gained something so much more than others who did not go abroad.
- I had a great time not only attending school in a new place but experiencing new cultures, languages and customs I had never seen before. – Allison L.
- My most valuable experience was going abroad, hands down. I was able to explore the world, be completely independent and see life from a different perspective. – Tara G
- I think studying abroad was the most valuable experience as an undergraduate. In addition to improving my language skills, I had the opportunity to travel and meet people I would never have met otherwise.
- The Quito, Ecuador program was amazing, very organized and affordable. – Loren J.
- Studying abroad has been my most valuable experience as an undergraduate because it has helped me to grow as a person, become more confident, a better leader and gave me more passion to work internationally with communities to combat human trafficking in the future.
- Costa Rica has changed my life for the better and I will never forget it. Studying abroad is where I learned to be a part of another culture and it helped me to learn more about myself and my personal and professional goals.
- Studying abroad, I learned a lot about myself, improved my language skills, stepped out of my comfort zone, learned about another culture, and formed valuable relationships. – Christian S.
- Studying abroad was my most valuable experience, it helped me learn to live on my own and be an independent person. – Zoe K.
- Location: Beijing, China Program: CIEE Beijing, China - Intensive Chinese Language Thematic Area: Governance, Conflict and Resolution Language: Chinese Region: East Asia
- Location: Arusha, Tanzania Program: SAO Provider: Minnesota Learning Abroad Center - Tanzania Thematic Area: Environment, Sustainability, and Social Responsibility Language: Swahili
- Location: Bolgna, Italy Program: SAO Exchange: University of Bologna Thematic Area: Governance, Conflict and Resolution Language: Italian Region: Western Europe
- Location: Rabat, Morocco Program: SAO Provider: CIEE Rabat, Morocco Thematic Area: Human Rights Language: Arabic Region: Middle East & North Africa
- Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Program: SAO Exchange: Pontifical Universidade Catolica Thematic Area: Human Rights Language: Portuguese Region: Latin America